The ITIL 4 Foundation certification is designed as an introduction to ITIL 4 and enables candidates to look at IT Service Management through an end-to-end operating model for the creation, delivery and continual improvement of tech-enabled products and services.
The certification can help:
- Those who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework
- Those who want to understand how ITIL can be used to enhance IT service management
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted ITIL.
However, the ITIL Foundation certification can benefit anyone who has an interest in IT service management.
ITIL 4 Foundation candidates will have an understanding of the following:
- A holistic approach to the facilitation of co-creation of value with customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services
- The guiding principles of ITIL 4
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- Key concepts from Lean, Agile, DevOps, and why these are important to deliver business value
- How ITIL practices described in ITIL 4 will maintain the value and importance provided by the current ITIL processes, whilst at the same time expand to be integrated to different areas of service management and IT, from demand to value.
Typically, classroom training for ITIL Foundation lasts two and a half days and the examination takes place at the end of the training.
To take the ITIL Foundation exam, no prerequisite is required.
ITIL Foundation exam format
- Multiple choice examination questions
- 40 questions
- 26 marks required to pass (out of 40 available) – 65%
- 60 minutes’ duration
- Closed book.
[3 days, exam included]